Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Plant Swap

Our neighborhood hosted a plant swap this weekend and it was a blast!  I am fairly new to landscaping, keeping ANYTHING green, planting, transplanting etc so I thought this would be a good opportunity to learn a few things from the people who have been successful growing things around me!

I brought donuts and a couple herbs from ACE to share with the neighbors as my herb garden is only one year old (rosemary, cilantro and oregano). 

Check out what I brought home!  (I think the neighbors felt bad for my lack of expertise and therefore loaded my cart).


Purple Iris.  My neighbor, Pat, has orange iris and would like to share.  Next weekend we plan to dig some.



 Mint- love the smell.  Mojitos anyone?

 Wandering Jew- sorry the picture is fuzzy.  I planted five or six of these.  Apparently they will spread like crazy. 

Can't remember the name of the plant on the left...Basil is on the right.  I'm 'rooting' and will put them in the ground as soon as they're ready. 

View of my bed in the backyard.  I also got two bronze fennel plants (that will attract butterflies) and two other plants (can't remember their names...terrible, I know!) 


Tropical Cannas- I received these as bulbs from from Mrs. Drake's garden (not the plant swap), but they are doing well, so I wanted to share! 

All in all, I really enjoyed the plant swap, the breakfast, and of course the sense of community. Check out our hood's website for more 75229 fun!  http://www.joescreekwalnutgarden.com/

Picture of us from the weekend-  Lexus TACA on the Green at the Mansion.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment