Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dining Room Transformation

Dining Room- I haven't done a ton to this room since we moved in, but because it's the first room you see to the right when you walk into our house, I should probably put a little effort into jazzing it up!  But for now, here's the brief transformation!

Before: with the previous owner's furniture.

First, we painted the walls a lighter color and removed the popcorn ceiling....much more fresh and welcoming! 

Shout out to Megan for our table and chairs-  I purchased this set from Megan when we were graduating from college for $250.  We kept it for five years after college- through two apartment moves and one house.  Since our house's rooms are much larger than our apartments', the set looked awkwardly small in the room.  But we were willing to make it work for a while....or so Jerad thought!  =)
Next, we installed hardwoods-  byebye Green carpet!

I purchased this red table from a garage sale for $25 to have a 'buffet' for entertaining. 
Again, we were making our furniture liveable and last as long as possible.  Until one day....

I was surfing Craigs List (just for fun)...and I saw this gorgeous table with six chairs for $300!!  SIGN ME UP!  After lots of debating, I convinced Jerad that we needed to see it.  It was in stellar condition, so we bought it on the spot and brought it home! I <3 Craigs List!

Picture of Jerad putting it together-  such a handy hubby!
I love the coloring of the table.  Such beautiful lines in the wood grain....
All together now-  it fills the room nicely.  It's PERFECT!
And this is how it looks now.  The cushions are the perfect color for this room (but could potentially  be recovered in the future), but for now, I'm in love!

Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment