Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Friday, June 17, 2011

First Bedroom

Our house has three bedrooms (2.5 baths) on the left side of the house and 1 bedroom (1 bath) on the right.  The 'Blue' room is the first bedroom in the hall on the left side of the house.  This is where our guests typically sleep.

Before: previous owner's boy's bedroom

 First, we removed the popcorn ceiling, the shelving, and painted.  I wasn't sure what furniture we'd put in the room, so I just picked a neutral color.  We put an old bedspread and Jerad's college furniture in the room...for the time being.

We have Roman shades for window treatments across the entire front of our house (10 long vertical windows!!).  I think they're attractive (we wrote them into the contract when we purchased the house), but I'd like to get plantation shutters in the future....it'll cost a pretty penny!

Another view of the furniture. 

Next I tried adding a rug to warm it up.  This was short lived as I liked this rug better in the dining room...so I moved it again.

Then we installed a new fan, bought a queen-size bed (after receiving multiple hints from my parents about needing a bigger bed for guests), and new bedding.

The somewhat finished product-  I've added more color-coordinated decorations on the shelves since this picture, but you get the jist.  I love the size of all the rooms in our house.  They fit large beds comfortably, with plenty of room for additional furniture around the perimeter.  1969 was a good year of construction!

I'm pretty pleased with how it has come together.  I need to work on headboards, more mature furniture, and a few other pieces for the walls, but for now, I'm satisfied! 


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment