Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Friday, March 23, 2012

Matt's Bday

Cooked dinner the other night for Matt's Bday.  We had sausage, burgers, deviled eggs, and baked beans wtih desserts from A&J's.

Burgers- I tend to season differently everytime I cook 'em.  This time I used BBQ sauce, Worchestire sauce, garlic powder, minced onion and some Jocco's seasoning from the Romo's (http://www.jockosmix.com/jockos-mix-seasoning/ - threw the meat patties with the seasonings in a large ziplock and tossed to coat overnight in the fridge.

Deviled eggs were made from this recipe-  http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/deviled_eggs/
I love the green onion in them- delicious!  I think I'll make them like this from now on.

Baked Beans and broccoli on the grill- for the broccoli, I added onions, mushrooms, and garlic, olive oil, and some rosemary.  Wrapped the bundle in foil and let it simmer on top while the burgers cook below.  Love veggies cooked on the grill this way.

Baked Beans-
2 large cans of Van Camps, pork and beans
2 T brown sugar
2 t. dried mustard
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 T minced onion

Combine all and bake at 350 until bubbly.  Could eat these guys all day =)

Happy 24th Matt!
 Will and I- can you tell that I'm a little tired?!?! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment