Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

More Christmas at the house

Another view of the tree

I've added Christmas accents all over the house- red pillows, stockings on our entertainment center, snowman bucket of ornaments on the end table next to our new king chairs (more on those later), Santa on our coffe table, feather tree on the fireplace- love it!
 Another view of our fire- Jerad and I enjoy having a fire almost nightly- makes the house warm and cozy.
 Lots of treats in the entryway- poinsetta, Santa and nutcracker on the table...and gifts from friends- standing Santa from Jerad's sister, Lindsay, wreath from Kristi, and a wooden snowman from Tiffany.
 I also made a little dessert this week-  reindeer!  Dip one side of nutterbutters in melted chocolate bark.  Make antlers from broken pretzels. Place in fridge.  The next day I used icing from a can to adhere chocolate chip eyes and M&M noses.  Done!

 Jerad helped me set the table for Christmas dinner.  We added both leaves in our $300 craigslist STEAL!
 I polished before setting.  This table makes me so happy!
 All set and ready to go- placemats- wedding gift, red chargers- used for Clay and Stephanie's rehearsal dinner (I love hand-me-downs), cranberry napkin rings from Lindsay, poinsetta decorated candlesticks, and punch bowl from my neightbor Joyce. 
 The menu's planned- let's celebrate the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment