Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Friday, January 13, 2012

House Update

In early December, we purchased some furniture from our neighbors who were moving to a retirement community.  I love them and will miss them, but promised to take great care of their things.  Here are some of the things we bought (pictures taken in their home).  I'll show you where we incorporated in ours later.

Bed frame- old school Ethan Allen

 Coffee table with pretty legs and nice lines

Dresser- also Ethan Allen from the past


I also tried a new recipe that knocked my socks off!  http://www.pauladeen.com/index.php/recipes/view2/slow_cooker_stuffed_green_peppers/

It's Paula Deen so of course it was delicious. 

Cook a batch of wild rice (Uncle Ben's, low sodium, is what I used).  In a large bowl mix egg, walnuts, beef, onion, cheese and seasonings (I always cut the salt); then mix in the wild rice.


Top your green peppers and place in your crockpot.

Throw the remnants in your composter- look how big mine's gotten!

Stuff your peppers.

Pour chicken broth and can of tomatoes over top-  cook on low for 8 hours.

I didn't take an after picture because we were starving!  This fed us for two days and we still had leftovers that I used to make beef tomatillo enchilladas.  Can't wait a good meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment