Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Pregnancy product shout out!

Here are a few products that I've become a fan of since being pregnant:
  • One a Day Prenatal Vitamins with DHA- Along with a balanced diet, I want to make sure my body provides full nutrients for our baby, and doesn't strip away any of my own.  And the extra DHA pill promotes brain development. I started taking these a couple months prior to being pregnant too (just in case!).

  • Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow- I'm a back sleeper, so sleeping on my side has been an adjustment.  With the help of the snoogle, I now sleep on my side.  I rotate back and forth from my left to my right to ease my back pain from pressure on my sciatic nerve.

  • OJ with Vitamin D- I've had a glass of OJ every morning of my pregnancy while getting dressed.  Not sure if it helped with morning sickness or not, but I never got sick- not once!  Vitamin D is also important for bone and teeth development of our bambino, so I wanted to make sure to get plenty! 
  • I've stayed active during my pregnancy- continuing to stretch, lift weights, and do cardio has allowed me to feel great and have steady weight gain, which is best for me and the baby.  Although I've had to tone-down my workouts a bit, I definitely feel less 'compact' when I exercise.  Mom and Dad gave me a heart rate monitor for Christmas and this has been great to ensure I'm not pushing it too hard.  They say you should be able to carry on a full conversation while working out and pregnant.


No comments:

Post a Comment