Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Friday, February 3, 2012

More nursery

On MLK, I worked half day then came home and went to work!  Sometmes I find it easier to tackle projects while Mr. Romo is away at work.  =)

First, cleaning out the closet.  I used to keep my seasonal clothes in this closet, but now we need room for Katherine Reese!  My clothes went to the empty closet in the hallway - Our home is blessed with storage space!

After- baskets from Marshalls, temporary dresser placed there...I'll update later with what we bought for this spot!

Next project- window treatments.  I HATE the window treatments that were in this room, but what can I say...they were free, came with the house and served their purpose. 

During-  down came the roman shades.

And up went the faux wood shutters.  I have to admit, this took me a long time to do by myself.  And I probably shouldn't have been climbing on the ladder while pregnant, but I'm a do-er, so that's what I do.  This window is six feet wide, so the shutters were mighty heavy to lift and screw by myself.

While I was updating, I went ahead and changed out the roman shades in the jack and jill, so the treatments would match.

Ahhh- love the finished project!

No comments:

Post a Comment