Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Update on furniture and a recipe

I don't believe I ever posted the 'afters' from this post  -http://love-sweat-renovate.blogspot.com/2012/01/house-update.html

We purchased a few things from our neighbors- a dresser, two king chairs, a coffee table, and a rocking chair.    Here are a few pics of them in action!

Four large, deep drawers for storage. 


The dresser is now in the first bedroom down the hallway.  This is one of our guest rooms that has a queen bed.  Eventually, we'll work on replacing the other furniture in this room, but it works for now.

Coffee table moved to the Red room at the front of the house.  This isn't a great picture, but you get the idea =)



I made this recipe a few weeks back and it was a crowd pleaser- easy peasy too!  I switched it up a bit, but followed the general recipe. 

Measure rice crispies and melt your creamy peanut butter.

Heat marshmallows and butter in a saucepan. When smooth, pour over the rice crispies and mix well.  

Press the marshmallow rice crispy mixture into a greased pan.  Pour the peant butter on top then add M&Ms.  (The recipe called for adding chocolate and peanut butter cups, but I thought what I had was good enough for the waistline.)

 Once this cooled, I pulled from my pan and served on a platter.  Fun design and yummy treat!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment