Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

More nursery

Jerad and I bought some great pieces of furniture from one of our firends who was moving out of state.  The color happens to coordinate perfectly with our bedding, so we don't even have to paint! 

I searched all over the place for a 'changing table/ dresser' that would work for us.  We need something long enough to fit a changing pad and a couple baskets, deep enough to fit the width of the changing pad, and tall enough to be comfortable for us (we're tall!).  But as you can see, 54inches long was our max- most pieces out there right now are longer than that.  This was perfect-  shabby chic, rustic like our house, lots of storage, and fits our spot perfectly....and only $100!!

We also purchased this adorable dresser for the nursery closet to provide more storage- however, I think we might leave the doors open since I love it so much!  Again it fits the color palette and was way below budget- only $150!! .....And yes, I purchased my first outfits this weekend!  It's Emily Base's fault!  =)  Too cute to pass up.


Tuesday night of this week, our neighborhood friends group hosted a 75229 Diaper Dinner for me and another girl who's due in March.   See Lisa and I below.


Check out the bootie supplies I received- soooo excited!

Two girls made this adorable diaper cake, with KRR's initials.  Thank you Camille and Natasha!

I sorted the diapers by size and stashed in our wonderful dresser!   Talk about a perfect fit!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you two!! You look great, the nursery looks great and you two are going to be great parents! I can't wait to meet my new little cousin!!
    love ya! Chrissy

    ReplyDelete