Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Weekend Updates

A few small changes that will make a solid impact...

New waffle brown tablecloth- brown and yellow for this season.  I also purchased these fabulous candle votives- I love them!  Such a steal of a deal!

Jerad and I planted a new houseplant to CLEAN OUR AIR (from Walmart)!  They say the air in your house is the dirtiest air you breath...so with this plant, we now have three in the house to clean our air.  Hopefully it makes a difference. I'm getting the mason jars ready for our party this weekend with "Ashley and Jerad" ribbon.  Cheesy, but I love it.

Picture of another plant that's in our kitchen.

New bedding for the mother in law suite from HomeGoods.  I haven't done hardly anything to this room, so this weekend I decided to give it some TLC.  The bed is from my brother, Will...Jerad used the desk in college ...and the chair is from our old dining room table. Hodge podge, but we're making it work.  Obviously this is also our 'dog room'.  Rusty and Frisco get to hang out here during the day while we're at work, hence the dog bed.

I added two pictures and a swirly-que for the wall and a bright throw pillow with some texture to add some interest.

I wasn't satisfied with the single pillow (and didn't want to buy extras) so I added two yellow pillows from another room.  Good enough for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment