Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ideas from Mom

This weekend I was in Corpus for Anjulie and Daniel's wedding!  We had awesome weather in Corpus, so I thought I'd snap a couple pictures of Mama Bonilla's house for inspiration! 

Ready to go for the wedding!


This is the front of the house- my parents built this house 27 years ago.  At some point along the way, Mom planted Azaleas in the front around her crape mrytles.  Looks at how BIG they've gotten! Wish I had a green thumb like her's!  When they bloom, they are absolutely gorgeous!  I hope our front yard looks like this one day.  Mom plants seasonal flowers in front of them-  currently, she has a few impatients. 

My room is the window just above the tree.  Clay's room is on the right.

 The left side-  Will's room is the top window.  Matt's room has windows overlooking the backyard.
 Check out Dad showing off Mom's Lemon tree in the backyard.  It produces beautiful, yellow lemons!  Drew loves to pick these with 'Mimi'.

 Mom also planted these crape myrtels a couple years after moving into the house.  I love their twisted trunks.  Just beautiful and HUGE!
 I also look to her dining room for inspiration.  I love having a 'family picture' wall.  I hope to have one in our house some day!  I blew it up so you could get a better view of the pictures. =)
 And you have to love Mom's elegance- the chandelier, the ornately framed gold mirror, the polished furniture and china cabinet from Mother Hunt.  I love her beautiful things!
 And there's my wedding picture framed on the left...wearing Steph's mink stole and carrying a replica of Mom's bouquet...classic and elegant - BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!  Love you, Jerad! 

Hope you've had a great weekend!  I know I enjoyed my time at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment