Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

So I made purchases at both locations this weekend!  My friends are making me spend spend spend, but it's so fun and definitely worth it when I come home to a nicely decorated house!  =)

I purchased the seasonal items below.  I love hanging these by my back door.  They just let you enjoy the season somehow.  4 for a large sum of $2.75.  Gotta love garage sales!


Home Goods = amazing = 2 hours of Ashley's Saturday.  This is why I think it's sometimes a blessing that Jerad works on Saturdays.  Had he been with me this weekend, he would have DIED.  When I shop, I like to look at things, put them together, think about them, look some more,etc...it's a very long process. 

Before- couch looking a little rough...

After:  gave the couch a good vacuum, fluffed the cushions and turned them around and over (I do this almost weekly...I think it gives the couch a longer life and makes the couch feel full and fluffy instead of limp and concave).  I purchased some yellow, goldy pillows this weekend.  They all have different patterns and textures, but I thought they'd mesh well with my solid green.  Happy and cheery for Spring!

Chairs before- dark brown pillows and dark green cushions.

After: adding bright green pillows and my cream cushions.  Not a huge transformation, but these chairs will have to do until I can convince my husband to buy other seating for this area.... =)

 Master bath before:  We have brown, speckled granite in our Master.  We have turquoise towells for color.  Up until this point, I hadn't decided what pictures/ artwork I wanted for this space.  I've been looking, but nothing's interested me.
 Until I found this RELAX sign at Home Goods.  I should have taken a close-up of the sign.  It's a light blue distressed piece of wood with white letters and sea-shells for the letters....reminded me of Corpus and the beach!  Perfect...there's my theme!


So as I searched further, I found all sorts of blue things.  Love these three pieces-  coral statue, lattern, and shell. 

And these for our counter-top.  Shell, lattern, and blowfish.  Don't you love that fish?!?!

 After-  it's a hard angle to shoot, but you get the idea.  Now, I feel like our color scheme makes sense!

Us Saturday night- Children's Advocacy Center Gala!  Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment