Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Yellow Bathroom

This post is about our 'yellow' bathroom's slow transformation from average to Better than average (notice I didn't use GREAT).  I've tweaked it slowly over the last couple months and am pretty pleased with it's status now. 

Our house was built in 1969 and this shower has the original yellow tile (only bathroom on the right side of the house-  connects with the Mother In Law Suite).  I actually really like the color even though it's kinda wild.  Yellow to me is cheery and happy and welcoming.  So I figure I might as well embrace what I have while I have it? Right?!?! 

This is the before picture before we moved in.  The Frazier's had some pretty crazy paint on those cabinets if you ask me...not a huge fan of the butterfly on the wall either.
 First, I changed the accessories, hung a few things on the wall, and replaced the toilet with our "New throne for your Home" tax credit. 
Though you can't see them in the picture, I also changed the drawer/ cabinet pulls.  Slight improvement, but not great.
 Next, I decided to swap the paint to give it a fresh vibe.  The white in this bathroom before always felt dingy and dirty to me.  Now it's Yellow on top, White on the bottom. 
I also painted all the cabinets a SOLID white.
Linen closet on the opposite wall.  Love, Love, Love the storage in this house!
 Lastly, early on a Sunday morning, I pulled off the old, boring mirror.  Jerad was not pleased as this now meant I needed to go Garden Ridge to buy a new mirror.  Sunday funday, right?!?!

I took off the old mirror, textured and repainted the wall, and hung the new mirror.  I also swapped out some wall features and now I'm pleased with this space. 
 Another view.  I really need to take some better 'full view' pictures, but you get the jist.
 Happy Royal Wedding Friday!!

1 comment:

  1. I love it, I love it, I love it! Why did you choose yellow, btw? Painting your bath with deep red may be more appropriate for the royal wedding event. But yellow is a relaxing color, anyway. I'm happy you chose yellow for your bathroom. =)

    ReplyDelete