Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Arkansas

Mom, Jerad, and I recently made a trip to Arkansas to visit my grandparents. B.C. is not doing well- he's been diagnosed with a form of dementia and has been moved to a nursing home, where he is receiving hospice care.  We've been blessed with 91 years of wonderful health, so this rapid change of pace has been hard to swallow.  Jerad and I are fortunate to have both sets of grandparents still with us and the thought of losing any of them is just awful.

 Mimi is still doing well- she's still driving, doing water aerobics, and having lunch with her "PTA" group. The movement of BC to the nursing home worries me, as I'm sure she's lonely, but she remains upbeat. 


Picture of my cousin, Katie, Mimi and BC and me.

Jerad and BC

Our visit before heading back to Dallas.  It was heartbreaking to say goodbye...I'll see you soon...and I love you, because you just never know.   Be grateful for what you have, while you have it!

Arkansas has taught me so much-  how to love people, how to value your family, and how to respect and nourish your Faith. 

 I brought a few things back from their house-  the red umbrella can at the foot of my entryway table.

B.C.'s rules for employees sign that includes the following:
  • Each employee must not pay less than $5.00 per year to the church and must attend Sunday School every Sunday
  • Any employee who is shaved at a barber shop and goes to dances and such places of amusement, will most surely give his employer reason to be suspicious of his integrity and all around honesty
  • Men employees are given one evening a week for courting purposes, and two if they go to prayer meeting regularly
  • Leisure time must be spend in reading good literature
Could you work for BC?

The basket on the left of the TV.  Mimi said her maid as a little girl used this basket to clean the clothes for her family in the backyard of their house.

Wonderful people and wonderful treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment