Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Small project and a recipe

I brought this platter back from Arkansas- was in B.C.'s closet in the garage, so I'm not sure what it was used for before.  It could have easily been tossed, but I decided to give it a good sanding and spray paint.

Painted black
 I love the simple shape
 I added some of these little fuzzies to the bottom, so it wouldn't scratch whatever surface it sits on.  (Fuzzies...aka, my name for the things you put on the bottom of chairs to prevent the legs from scrapping the floor)
 It found a new home as the centerpiece on our kitchen table.


Recipe for brunch.  Jerad and I slept in last Sunday, so I decided to make him a special treat.  We both LOVE breakfast!

Ingredients:
package of crescent rolls
bacon crumbles
swiss cheese
3 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 T onion (minced or fresh)
1 T parsley (dried or fresh)

Spray baking pan with Pam, layer crescent rolls on bottom.   Add one layer of swiss cheese on top.


In a bowl, mix all remaining ingredients except bacon.

Pour egg mixture over cheese

Add crumbled bacon to the top

Bake at 425 for 15-18 minutes, or untill golden brown.  YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! I love how you incorporate a lot of your grandparents stuff into your house!!

    ReplyDelete