Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mailbox reno

So we've had tons of work done around the house lately- new roof, painted the trim, replaced gutters (all from insurance- Thank you very much!), and stained the front door.  Since we replaced our door hardware from Brass to Antiqued Bronze, I figured our mailbox needed an update as well.

I looked at a couple at Home Depot and they were $30-$50 for something that we're interested in....Boo...Jerad has me on a new budget.

So instead, I bought some spray paint to transform the one we currently have!

Before:


First coat of spray paint

After a couple coats, I put it back on the wall

Much better! 

More outside pics of the house to come....  (this is the BEFORE stain of our front door, by the way!)

1 comment:

  1. Did you use that ORB stuff that Young House Love always uses?!

    ReplyDelete