Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Little of this, little of that

First, my azaleas are blooming- Yipppee!!! I didn't kill them!

I purchased a new rug a couple weeks ago from...where else... HOME GOODS!  This is a 8 X 10 for $200!  Can't beat the price and I love it's pattern and bright colors.

It ties in perfectly with our table and chairs and really gives the room a nice POP!

Quick recipe just for fun!-
Taco Casserole
Brown ground beef (I typically try to use less meat and more vegetables)...so about .7 lbs
Once browned, add whatever veggies you have on hand-
Green pepper, Red pepper, Tomato, Corn, Carrots, Onion, Garlic, Tomatillos, Mushrooms, Cilantro, Can of beans (used white beans in the picture below)...sometimes I even put squash and zucchini.  Honestly, the more veggies, the better...and of course, it's better for you!  =)

Add some seasonings-  Couple shakes Chili Powder, couple shakes Cayenne pepper, garlic powder, dash of salt, dash of Cumin, fresh cracked pepper. 
If you're nervous that you'll mess this up, just use a Taco Seasoning packet.  I typically taste as I season.  Don't add too much salt-  you'll get extra from the fritos on the bottom!

While that's simmering for a minute, place a layer of fritos in the bottom of a pyrex. 

Pour your skillet mixture over the fritos and top with a handful of cheese.  Bake at 350 until bubbly (25 minutes).  Enjoy your Veggie Taco Casserole!

No comments:

Post a Comment