Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Garza Baby Shower

A couple weeks ago, I hosted a couples baby shower for Tiffany and Victor.  Here are some of the fun decorations I put together for the party!


I started with some leopard fabric, onesies and wooden figurines from Walmart...and a grass skirt and tissue paper fans from Party City.  I bought glue sticks and stuck them on the back of the animals so we could stick them in appetizer bowls, cupcakes, etc.

Then I built the table.  The first layer was my table pad to protect the table from spills/ dings, etc.  I safety pinned the grass skirt around the perimeter, then added a brown tablecloth on top.  Lastly, I bunched the leopard cloth  and added some different boxes underneath so that different platters would have different heights. 

The table all put together!

Brooke made an adorable diaper cake using a wrapping-paper roll in the middle, as a base.  And Kelly picked up some Society Bakery mini-cupcakes in similar colors. 

I used the left over grass skirt from the table to decorate my entry-way with onesies and paper fans.

Tiffany's mom decorated these adorable block letters for Victor Philip.

All in all, it was a great party with tons of personality! We can't wait to meet Baby V.P.!








No comments:

Post a Comment