Welcome!

After much deliberating, I've decided to start a blog. Jerad and I are so proud of our first home. We are constantly working to improve it, so we thought we'd share our journey with you. Happy renovating!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Some baking lately..

Jerad's grandparents came to Dallas for a visit,
so I decided to make some sweet treats for everyone to enjoy.

First up, Zucchini Bread- 

Preheat to 350 degrees
Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 t. vanilla
3 cups zucchini
2/3 cup butter
2 t. baking soda
pinch of salt
3 cups flour
1/2 t. nutmeg
2 t. cinnamon
1 cup walnuts

Mix all ingredients except walnuts and zucchini

Chop your zucchini

Seee....it's good for you...it has veggies!

Mix remaining two ingredients. 
I know most of my friends have the fancy smancy standup mixer, but I always resort to my simple handmixer.  We've been through a lot together...this mixer and I!

Bake for one hour at 350 degrees. This receipe typically makes two small loaves.  This time I split into three mini loaves so they cooked faster....ate one before our guests arrived.  =)


Next up-  Orange Poppyseed Bundt Cake from the Cake Mix Doctor 

Spray with Pam and lightly dust your bundt pan with flour.  Heat oven to 350 degrees.

1 large orange
1 package butter golden cake mix
1 (3.4 ounce) vanilla instant pudding mix
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup orange juice
8 T butter
2 T poppyseeds
1 c. powdered sugar. 

Grate 1 teaspoon orange zest and add to bowl. 
Squeeze orange and set aside 2 T. orange juice for the glaze. 

Add remaining ingredients to the bowl (except sugar) with your zest and mix.  
And the HAND MIXER RETURNS! XOXO


Transfer to Bundt Pan

Bake at 350 for 43-48 minutes or until top is springy. 

Ain't she a beauty?
Okay now I have a confession...when I was making this delicious cake, I was talking to my mom on speaker phone and was slightly distracted.  I accidentally added the cup of powdered sugar TO THE CAKE instead of using it for the glaze.  It was sweet, but still delicious, so I served as is.  Just a simple bundt cake...no glaze.  =)

If you decide to make a glaze, mix the powdered sugar with the 2 T orange juice and drizzle on top.  Enjoy!

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment